Re: Problems With PPS Home Page Links

P. Murray-Rust (mbglx@s-crim1.dl.ac.uk)
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 08:19:55 +0000 (GMT)

From:
Peter Murray-Rust (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk) Glaxo Research & Development, Greenford,UK
mbglx@seqnet.dl.ac.uk, http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/pmr.html (Thanks to AlanBleasby)

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Ehud Gazit wrote:

> >Hi All...
> >
> > I seem to be having some problems with PPS home
> >page links....I get error 403 (or is it 304?)...server

[stuff omitted]

> I had the same problem.
>
> Udi

Thanks for your messages. Some points to help us :-):
Please put PRECISELY what the links are and cut and paste the error
message. 'Home page links' is too vague.
Please do not use the >>> reply mechanism to these lists unless it is
useful. It simply takes space.
Please do not send messages simply stating that you have a
problem similar to someone else. I know it is meant helpfully, but
multiple messages don't help us. If someone reports an error, we take it
seriously. It may take time to fix it or we may just be wiped out with
overwork but we'll do our best. We'll try to post a brief acknowledgment
that we have read the problem. If we cannot repeat the error, we may say
so, and then mightt ask if anyone else has had it. So:
1. report errors precisely
2. keep traffic to a precise minimum.
3. don't post unless you have something to add
4. be patient
5. offer advice
6. help us in specific ways if we ask for it.

Best of luck

P.