Re: Announce: MAGE binary for Linux

Antti Iivanainen (iivanain@csc.fi)
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 14:51:29 +0005 (EET)

Thanks very much for David Richardson for creating a door to a totally new
universe with kinemages and for Martin for opening it for us linux users
who do not have motif libraries:-) For those who have problems with
watching the default stereoview in the large default graphics window but
cannot afford large virtual screens (flicker or some other problems)...

On Fri, 24 Feb 1995, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
[deleted]

> Hint for Linux users:
> - run a virtual screen manager like fvwm
> - set size of virtual screen to something like 1024 x 978 (the bigger, the
> better; I don't know how big the initial Mage window is but it almost
> fits on my 1024 x 9?? virtual screen)
> [rest deleted]

A simple but a bit clumsy way to get around to the x-eyed view:
- add a line "@stereoangle -6" to your favorite kinemage -file
- use this file as input when starting mage for the first time
- open all consecutive kinemages from within the program

The x-eyed view stays on until program is terminated. So, instead of
chemical MIME invocation, load kinemages to disk and open from mage.

Antti Iivanainen, AnttiV at BioMOO
email: antti.iivanainen@oulu.fi