Using Hypermail

ethan+@pitt.edu
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 12:07:25 -0500

Want to take the mystique out of the organizer's "mail-archiving to
HTML" process? Check out
http://www.eit.com/software/hypermail/hypermail.html, the home of
Hypermail.

It makes it easy to turn any standard unix mail file into such an
archive. If you have a unix mail file and a place to publish web
pages, it's simple. Read the documentation, practice a little, if you
have a problem I can try to help (but I'm a novice).

I'm currently using it to archive the mailing-list for my group (A).
I am currently working on making it archive automatically, by putting
a pipe to it as one of the aliases in the mailing list; there are some
permission problems with that (it only works if the directory is world
writable, which I am not prepared to do yet). But I'm working on it.

Cheers,

Ethan