Re: BioMOO and MedLine questions

Murray-Rust Dr P (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk)
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 15:59:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 3 Feb 1995 SCHUMAN@bnlstb.bio.bnl.gov wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> classroom command but MOO told me that the room didn't
> exist...do I need to get to someplace else first?

All MOO objects have a name and a number. The name can often be
aliased to synonyms so it's worth trying more than one. The number is
absolute and always works:

VSNS-PPS classroom (#3694)

If you type
@who
you will see a list of people (with numbers) and rooms.
Here is what I can see at present:

@who
Name Connected Idle time Location
---- --------- --------- --------
PeterMR (#423) 6 hours 0 seconds The VSNS-PPS classroom
WatsonCrick (#1117) 41 minutes 28 seconds The Central Room
guest (#155) 8 minutes 31 seconds The Central Room
JohnTowell (#271) 44 minutes 7 minutes The small small hut
Gustavo (#2) 16 minutes 8 minutes The small small hut
Sigma (#4186) 11 minutes 9 minutes The VSNS-PPS classroom
StefanSA (#4027) 5 hours 25 minutes The VSNS-PPS classroom
Taffy (#759) an hour 48 minutes Taffy's Terminal Room
BioSat1-link (#4046) 4 days an hour switchboard
GeorgF (#1643) 2 hours 2 hours GeorgF's Office No need to kno
Garry (#689) 11 hours 11 hours The Lab Wing

Total: 11 users, 3 of whom have been active recently.

If you type "@go VSNS-PPS classroom" or "@join PeterMR" that should work.

> favorite protein from there...but there was a directive
> to try looking into medline...something I would really
> like to do...but I didn't see a pointer at SWISS-PROT,

If you retrieve an entry from SWISSPROT ***at EXPASY*** it is marked up
so that the entry points to both Medline and Medlars as well as many
other places. There are other copies of SWISSPROT which **aren't**
marked up.

P.

BTW - Is someone keeping a list of all the URLs for databases and
related places? This is IMPORTANT! Volunteer?

P.

Peter Murray-Rust | "Nothing exists except atoms and empty
pmr1716@ggr.co.uk | space; all else is opinion" (Democritos).
Protein Structure Group, Glaxo Group Research, Greenford, MIDDX, UB6 0HE, UK