RE: HTML editor

R. McCauley's LISTSERV In Box (scooter2@godzilla.tamu.edu)
Tue, 24 Jan 95 16:07:00 PST

Ehud,

Saw your message about HTML for the Mac. While I'm not a Mac user myself, I
found some (reportedly) excellent HTML editors and utilities. To see these,
go to the NCSA Mosaic "Macintosh Helper Applications" WWW page:

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/MacMosaic/HelperApps.html

While these tools are listed on the NCSA Mosaic page, they are not specific
to Mosaic; they will generate HTML documents that can be read on any
browser. Here is a brief synopsis of some of the tools listed there:

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Mac/Helpers/bbedit-html-b6.hqx
BBEdit HTML Extensions b6 (freeware)
This set of BBEdit extensions lets you insert HTML tags in your
documents, so that you can easily create hypertext documents
with the Macintosh BBEdit text editor.

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Mac/Helpers/bbedit-lite-30.hqx
BBEdit Lite 3.0 (freeware)

BBEdit Lite is a freeware derivative of BBEdit 3.0, the
popular and critically acclaimed text editor for programmers,
on-line-service users, and anyone else who needs to edit
plain-text files.

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Mac/Helpers/html-edit-15b1.hqx
HTML Edit 1.5b1 (freeware)

HTML.edit is an editor for the HyperText Markup Language, the
text-based coding used for documents on World Wide Web (WWW). All
HTML-coded documents created by HTML.edit are saved external to the
editor as ASCII text files.

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Mac/Helpers/html-editor-1.0.hqx
HTML Editor 1.0 (shareware)

HTML Editor is a semi-WYSIWYG editor for an HTML document.

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Mac/Helpers/html-super-text-201.hqx
HTML Super Text 2.0.1 1.0 (freeware)

HTML SuperText is a text editor designed around the HyperText Markup
Language (HTML) used in World Wide Web documents. HTML SuperText
allows you to easily and quickly create HTML documents by allowing
you to write your document and then edit in your tags via a
select-and-tag method.

You might also want to check out the "Other Related Applications" page at:

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/MacMosaic/RelatedApps.html

Virtually Yours,
Raymond McCauley
Texas A&M University