small mail archives problem #2

R. McCauley's LISTSERV In Box (scooter2@godzilla.tamu.edu)
Mon, 23 Jan 95 19:39:00 PST

I noticed one other small problem with the mail archive WWW pages
(http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/listproc/lists.html). Whenever I tried to use
the "Messages sorted by [date]" feature, the message order is the same as
when they are sorted by thread.

For instance, trying to sort the January messages from the projects list by
date (http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/listproc/vsns-pps-projects/9501/date.html)
yields the following order:

message header message date
---------------------------------------------- -------------

Listproc fully functional (i hope :-) Tue 17 Jan 95
Re: MINI-PROJECTS Sun 22 Jan 95
possible project Mon 23 Jan 95
Re: possible project Mon 23 Jan 95
Welcome! Thu 5 Jan 95
In Listproc nobody can hear you scream..... Tue 10 Jan 95
RE: In Listproc nobody can hear you scream..... Tue 10 Jan 95

Dave (and anybody else on the mail archive team), I imagine that you are
already aware of these problems and working on correcting them. I just
thought I would mention them here in case they have not yet been brought to
light, or I am somehow the only person that this is affecting.

Let me add that the mail archive continues to be wonderful overall. I have
had occasion to use it for several days when my DNS server and SMTP gateway
were down, and I had no way to subscribe to the mailing lists. Since I had
no e-mail access, I would have been in sad shape without the WWW mail
archive. Thanks for all of your hard work on this wonderful service.

Virtually Yours,
Raymond McCauley
Texas A&M University
scooter@tamu.edu