Re: interpretation of pdb files

ethan+@pitt.edu
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 18:19:36 -0500

>>> Stephen Tate <sat@ribosome.bio.warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

ST> My pdb file has such information but does not make any
ST> sense, ie.

ST> HELIX 1 H1 ASP A 81 ALA A 89 1

See the description of the PDB data format at:
ftp://pdb.pdb.bnl.gov/pub/format.desc.ps

I am afraid that it is a PostScript document; if you can't view or
print it, that will be a problem. One option is to make an ASCII
version; another would be to get someone with Acrobat to make a
document that we could all view with a free viewer.

Followup here if you have problems and we'll see what we can do.

Ethan

Ethan Benatan PPS group: Alanine
http://www.pitt.edu/~ethan Ethan on BioMOO
PPS protein: 1R69 Phage 434 repressor, amino-terminal domain