Re: Amino acid homepage

ethan+@pitt.edu
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 12:57:16 -0500

>>>PMR (Peter Murray-Rust, pmr1716@ggr.co.uk) wrote:

PMR> On Sun, 19 Feb 1995, A.P.N. de Boer wrote:

> If I'm not wrong, part of the course is also to put up a home page
> for the assigned amino acid of your group.

PMR> This is a lovely idea - we hadn't thought of it when we started!
PMR> Using the BioMOO web, you can link it in so that visitors to
PMR> your room can see it as a gif or (I think) a hypertree.

The Alanine group has made a humble attempt at this already; we'd
appreciate any feedback on what you think of it. Using a graphical
Web browser, you *should* be able to get to our Alanine page by
clicking on the alanine icon (or the text describing the molecule) in
our room to "look" at the molecule there; you should see a link to "a
page about alanine".

We've had all sorts of server hassles here so the icon is broken this
morning, but it worked last week. The page link should still work.

Thanks to Maja Kricker, Keeper of the Alanine Room, for here work on
this; and to the folks who are programming the MOO-Web interface,
which is way cool!

Ethan

Ethan Benatan PPS group: Alanine
http://www.pitt.edu/~ethan Ethan on BioMOO
PPS protein: 1R69 Phage 434 repressor, amino-terminal domain.