This course is offered on the basis that students make in-kind
contributions to the course rather than pay fees. Please read about
learning contracts and make sure that
you agree with what is being asked of you.
Students can make contributions in many ways. Some are suggested
in the section on consulting
students. Most virtual students
will probably make their contribution in one or more of the following:
- Leading a discussion group (either by
listserv or in BioMOO.
- Writing a short hyperarticle
on something they already know something about , or which is straightforward
to prepare from standard references. These articles will be of benefit to
other students, and certainly to later courses.
- Adding material to the ../glossary/index.html. Once you have got
the hang of the way to do this, it's very easy.
- Making a clickable
map of a well-understood biological system which can point to
protein structures. Again, this is easy once you have mastered the
- Helping other students with (say)
prerequisites or generally
new educational technology or ideas for the course.
- many ideas we haven't yet thought of! Please make suggestions on
the index form or e-mail us.