Organic Chemistry Prerequisites
This is only a rough guide - don't panic!
input required from consultants!
Organic Chemistry and the terms that we shall use
(*) may be partially dealt with in early course material.
- simple hydrocarbons and nomenclature.
- benzene and aromatic groups.
- functional group nomenclature but not reactions
- simple hyrolysis and redox reactions.
- metal ions and their ability to coordinate.
- solubility, hydrophobicity (*)
- chirality (*)
Anyone with any existing material, or any consultant/student able to
produce some, please let us know!