can we sign up students just as observers on the system? GF
An interesting question! There is no intention of withdrawing
the material from the Web by password protection, so anyone can read it
at any time. The benefits of being a student are:
If you have an informal group of students who want to know about protein
structure there is no reason why you can't say "See what you can gain from
VSNS-PPS". However you are not allowed to teach formal courses using the
material without consulting us.
- They have access to the listserv, so can discuss the material with
consultants and themselves.
- They can take part in projects.
- They can meet in BioMOO classroom and talk to consultants and other
- They will get their contributions poseted on the WWW
- There *may* be some form of 'certificate of participation' - who
If the question means "Can we formally register 'read-only' students?" the
answer is "Not at present". Registering students is an additional workload
for those running the course (most of whom do it in their spare-time).
Also read-only students generate no feedback, which we desperately need.