List of Consultants
Alan has added a few more in, now that registration has opened.
We have a few consultants who have offered to help, but are still
not actively doing anything. If they want a task, please contact Alan at
email@example.com. Please also let us know if any e-mail
addresses are wrong.
We have been joined by a number of consultants since the course
was announced and this list is incomplete.
Alan Mills is trying to keeping the list up-to-date, but this
is the people
on the consultant's listserv, which is usually more up-to-date.
(Please inform me if there is incorrect information in here :-)
Please also mail me URL's for those I don't have...
I sent out invitations to about 8-10 groups in the first week in Sept
1994 and got very positive replies almost immediately.
This list will be amended regularly :-)
Some groups will provide several consultants and may also provide
material which might be produced by people not on this list.
Remember that all these people have many other commitments and are
donating their time voluntarily to this course, so please be very
courteous when contacting them. On the other hand, they are all
happy to help bring people into the joys of 3-D protein structure.
Where possible I have given URLs for both people and their instutions.
If you do not have a public URL, we can construct one here.
Protein structure and Bioinformatics groups
Birkbeck College, London, UK, Crystallography
- Biomolecular Structure (URL?), UCL London, UK
- Janet Thornton (URL?) firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Jones (URL?) email@example.com
- Rob Miller (URL?) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bioinformatics, University of Manchester, UK (?URL)
- SEQNET, Daresbury Laboratory, UK
- Duke University, North Carolina, USA.
- Jane Richardson
- David Richardson
- Protein Data Bank at Brookhaven
National Laboratory, USA
- Joel Sussman, email@example.com
- Dave Stampf, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail Schumann, Biological Structures
- HHMI at Columbia University, NY,
University of Aarhus, Crystallography, Denmark.
- Uppsala Biomedical Center, Sweden
Mark Dalton, Cray Research Inc.
- Laura Pearlman, RAND Corpn.
- Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Glaxo Research and Development UK
- Compiling the Glossary
- Lesley West (email@example.com)
Stefan Sack (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Centre for Molecular Sciences, Oxford University, UK
GNA and other
developers of technology