Re: spanish entry for atp

peter Murray-rust (ubcg09q@iona.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 13:47:36 +0000 (GMT)

Peter Murray-Rust, Glaxo Research & Dev. (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk); (BioMOO: PeterMR)
Birkbeck College, ubcg09q@cryst.bbk.ac.uk, CBMT/Daresbury mbglx@seqnet.dl.ac.uk
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/index.html, http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/HOME.html

On Sun, 5 Mar 1995, Miguel Andrade wrote:

> Peter,
> I think that it is not a good idea to translate the
> glossary into 10-20(?) languages but if it necessary for funding
> there we go.
There is no present intention to translate the glossary or the
other material into other languages at present. The hyperglossary
technology is sufficiently generic, however, that it can be used
generically for other disciplines, where , perhaps, English is not as
universal as in research biology. Also I can see this being a useful aid
to translators who may, for example, not know abbreviations like ATP.
(Many abbreviations differ between languages (e.g. DNS (DE) = DNA, SIDA (FR)
= AIDS, and electronic glossaries could help here.

Anyway, MANY thanks and the accents and other diacritical marks
come out beautifully in mosaic. I haven't tried lynx yet.

P.