Re: Automatically added glossary anchors not proper HTML?

peter Murray-rust (ubcg09q@iona.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 00:00:33 +0000 (GMT)

Peter Murray-Rust, Glaxo Research & Dev. (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk); (BioMOO: PeterMR)
Birkbeck College, ubcg09q@cryst.bbk.ac.uk, CBMT/Daresbury mbglx@seqnet.dl.ac.uk
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/index.html, http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/HOME.html

On Wed, 22 Feb 1995, Christoph Weber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just marked up two of my documents by running them through the glossary's
> markup script. Upon looking at the resulting files I noticed two things:
>
> First, all lines in the input file are appended with a '^M', but not the
I *think* the ^M problem comes from different FORMS
implementations (esp PC and VAX). I thought I had stripped it out, but
I'll have another look.

> Second, all anchors that are added have no quoted HREFs. E.g.

Oh dear! It's my fault. When I started writing HTML I didn't
read any manuals (I don't think there were many) and I have tended to
leave the qoutes off. I don't remember whether they are in the BNF but I
expect they are. I'll hack the code... tonite ?

Great to see people using it.