Re: help with Rasmol on SGI/Irix5.3

software account (software@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:54:18 +0100 (BST)

Hi Pierre,
It's seems that your compiler can't find any of the standard include
files which are usually kept in /usr/include, this is unusual.

It may be that you don't have them installed on your system disk (if so
then you will have to find and install them) alternatively you may have
the files on your system disk and they are in a non-standard place, you
could try to find them using a command like :-
find /usr -name stdlib.h -print
(it may take a while if you have a large system disk)
If by chance this does find the include files then make a note of the
directory+path and then add a flag to the CFLAGS line within the rasmol
makefile :- -I /path/dir-to-include-files
(this flag tells the compiler to also look in this directory for the
include files)

If none of this works then things become more difficult, perhaps then you
should contact me directly and we may be able to sort out the problem.

Cheers,

Dave H.

Dave Houldershaw
Dept. Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Univ. London, Malet Street,
London WC1E 7HX. Tel. 0171 631 6853.
"In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." - Terry Pratchett