Re: MD Animation in Chime w/ XYZ (fwd)

Jacky Turner (j.turner@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 09:52:08 +0100 (BST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 23:30:50 -0700
From: Tim Maffett <tim@mdli.com>
To: emartz@microbio.umass.edu, j.turner@iona.cryst.bbk.ac.uk,
cdds03@strath.ac.uk
Cc: cachau@ncifcrf.gov
Subject: Re: MD Animation in Chime w/ XYZ

At 04:03 PM 7/7/96 -0500, Eric Martz wrote:
>Jacky: Please forward this to the Principles of Protein Science web course
>PPS96 email list.
>
>...deleted...
>
>Although this MD animation has not yet made it onto MDLI's 'cool examples'
>page, Tim kindly provided it to me and gave me permission to share it with
>you. You can download Chime from www.mdli.com (installation is extremely
>simple) and then use Netscape to view
>http://www.umass.edu/microbio/rasmol/private. BE WARNED that there was a
>bug in the Chime released in May (at least for Windows 3.1) which caused it
>to stop working a month before the announced July 31st. You can get a more
>recent version from MDLI which fixes this. Unfortunately, the more recent
>version has a new bug which corrupts the top portion of the image.

We have posted a new version of the Windows 3.1 version
of Chime which corrects this bug. It is available at our web
site:

http://www.mdli.com/chemscape/chime/download.html

I am interested in expanding the multi-frame animation
capabilities of chime, and would be interested in any request/
ideas that anyone has.

-tim