Re: Rotating proteins (fwd)

Dr Alan Mills (alan@venus.co.uk)
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 12:34:00 +0000 (GMT)

======> this may be of interest to PPS ppl. wanting to do impressive web
tricks with macromolecules.

Rgds.,

Alan Mills at Venus Internet Ltd, 24 Denmark Street, London WC2H 8NJ, UK
email:alan@venus.co.uk web:http://www.venus.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)171 240 5858 Fax: +44 (0)171 240 5859
Providing Web and Internet services and solutions
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 12:17:38 +0100
From: h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk
To: Multiple recipients of list <chemweb@ic.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Rotating proteins

>I just found this on Yahoo's "What's New" section which might be of interest:
>
> http://www2.ucsc.edu/people/straycat/cpa.html
>
>It's a rather neat demonstration of how you can use Netscape 2 to show
>animations of molecules etc....without needing fiddly plug-ins.

Its produced using Kinemage (an standard protein display program)
and "animated gifs". Those interested in producing these on a Mac,
should use GIFBuilder (http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/progs/GB.hqx).
The latest version will even take a quicktime
movie and convert it. Also GraphicConverter 2.4 does this now.
I am unaware of any Windows program that can do this.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
rzepa@ic.ac.uk; Tel (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594 5804.

-----
chemweb: A list for Chemical Applications of the Internet.
Archived as: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/chemweb/