Re: Time Connection

Jostein Aaserud (jaaserud@mail.access.ch)
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 05:48:24 +0100

Monday, 26th 1996 Dr Alan Mills wrote:

> Friends,
>
> In relation to the discussion earlier about downloading pages and reading
> them off-line, students may be interested to learn of a piece of software
> that seems at first glance to address exactly that need.
>
> Check out http://www.freeloader.net/index.htm

Here are some more offline viewers:

http://WWW.FFG.COM/ (WebWhacker o/l viewer)
http://WWW.EVOLVE.CO.UK/unmozify/ (o/l viewer)
http://www.talentcom.com (I-view o/l viewer)
http://www.talentcom.com/iview/iview.htm

I'm using WebWhacker (shareware) and beleive me, it saves me a lot of
money working offline. This way I also enjoy a much faster access of the
web-pages as compared to the speed I have to Birkbeck in the afternoon
and evening hours.
So, whether your internet-connections are paid by yourself or by your
institution, get an offline viewer and reduce the traffic on the net!

Jostein Aaserud