Re: MIME and SGI with rasmol

John Walshaw (ubcg08r@iona.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 10:57:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Phil Cunningham wrote:

> Machine SGI running irix 5.3

> I am asuming that I will get to view the molecule thu' netscape (ie netscape
> invokes/runs rasmol with 1cro in its window)
>
> Am I mistaken? where am I going wrong!

No, your assumption is right. Hmm, I'm not too sure about this, as if you
have got the same lines in your .mailcap as given in the various Chemical
MIME resources, I can't see whats wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, you are using the same platform as me: SG Indy, Irix
5.3. The line in my .mailcap is of the form:

chemical/x-pdb; xterm -T RasMol -e <rasmol path> %s;

Is this the same as yours?

I'm wondering if it could be anything to do with a global .mailcap file
which may be on your system, but I would have thought that whats in your
personal .mailcap should override the global one- can anyone confirm or
contradict this?

Incidentally, to re-read a .mailcap mid-session, (Netscape) just select
options and then immediately exit it by pressing OK. I have a small amount of
garbage in my .mailcap, and the resulting error message is useful for
indicating that the modified .mailcap has indeed been re-read.

Regards,

John Walshaw