Re: error 404 or error 500

Iddo Friedberg (idoerg@cc.huji.ac.il)
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 13:07:04 +0200 (IST)

On Sat, 3 Feb 1996, Choiset-Yvan wrote:

> Hello
>
> This morning I try self assessement tools but I was surprised to find
> some messages like Error 404 not found file doesn t exist or is read
> protected even tried multi ( when I tried to download manual.ps for
> rasmol for eaxample)
> and next error 500 when I try self assessement tools.
> I noted that the first error 404 was often found .

There was a 404 problem with the quizzes a couple of days ago. I do not
see that problem now. However, it may persist in your cache if you don't
do a reload. Try hitting "reload" (in some browsers <ctrl>+reload). The
URL is:

http://www.ls.huji.ac.il/~idoerg/pps/

Let me know if this worked or not.
I checked the logfiles, and I didn't see an access problem on this server.

PS: Sunday Feb 4 08:00 GMT until 13:00 GMT The quizzes will not be
available (server down). This only regards the quizzes which are on my
server. Birkbeck, as far as I know, is alive and kicking.

Iddo Friedberg ("\''/").___..--''"`-._
Phone: (972)-2-6585459/3 `9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
email: idoerg@shum.cc.huji.ac.il (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
web: http://www.ls.huji.ac.il/~idoerg _..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' .'

"Graduate life -- it's not just a job, it's an indenture."