Re: problems in getting the assignments for week 3

Dr Alan Mills (alan@venus.co.uk)
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 12:31:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, margherita ruoppolo wrote:
> Hi,
> I have two main technical problems:
> the first, and I believe the most important, is that I can't get the
> material for week3: I received, as for the last two weeks, the mail giving
> me the address to contact for the course material but I was not able to
> contact it: the error message I get (even when I shorten the address till
> PPS2) is that the address is forbidden. What is wrong?

Hi, Margherita,

Your email was received OK - don't panic :-) - you'll get lots of help.

Pls can you tell us a little more about your set-up?

What system (hardware and operating sytem and browser, modem ?maybe, etc)
are you using?

Do you have a friendly system administrator at hand (is (s)he on email,
too?)?

Have you really not yet been able to access the web site at
all till now, or is this only a recent problem with week3?

Can you get to the Brookhaven mirror (URL
http://www.pdb.bnl.gov/PPS2/top.html)? Has anybody else in your locale
acessed the PPS2 web site?

What other clues can you give us so we may help you better?

Rgds.,

Alan Mills at Venus Internet Ltd, 24 Denmark Street, London WC2H 8NJ, UK
email:alan@venus.co.uk web:http://www.venus.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)171 240 5858 Fax: +44 (0)171 240 5859
Providing Web and Internet services and solutions