Re: BioMOO-tape recorder in classroom

Murray-Rust Dr P (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 12:10:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 20 Jan 1996, Kurt Giles wrote:

> On Jan 19, 12:15am, peter Murray-rust wrote:
> >
> OK, so you get everyone present to agree, but there might be people who come in
> late and are not aware that it's being recorded. Rather than having to mention
> it every time someone comes in (which is certainly not fail-safe), is there a
> way of putting 'a sign on the door' so that anyone who enters is automatically
> told that the session is being recorded?

Yes there is (we had this in Diversity, I think). What needs to be done is:
- decide what you would like to happen - don't make it too complex.
- talk to BioMOO wizards about how to do it.

For example, it could be that a message was flashed up regularly, or
something like that. But someone has to program this. I don't have the
time and I'm not sure what MOO-experts we have - this is an excellent
area for volunteers. But you will also find the BioMOO regulars very
helpful.

P.

Peter Murray-Rust 44-181-9662554 T "Nothing exists except atoms and empty
pmr1716@ggr.co.uk 44-181-9662109 F space; all else is opinion" Democritos.
Biomolecular Structure, Glaxo Wellcome, Greenford, Middx, UB6 0HE, UK
& p.murray-rust@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk :http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/index.html