Re: BioMOO-tape recorder in classroom

peter Murray-rust (p.murray-rust@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 09:43:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 20 Jan 1996, Kurt Giles wrote:

> OK, so you get everyone present to agree, but there might be people who come in
> late and are not aware that it's being recorded. Rather than having to mention
> it every time someone comes in (which is certainly not fail-safe), is there a
> way of putting 'a sign on the door' so that anyone who enters is automatically
> told that the session is being recorded?

There is - and I believe this is the appropriate strategy for VSNS-PPS
classroom. If you go to diversity MOO (telnet moo.du.org 8888) and
connect as guest you will be told that the particular room you are in is
being permanently recorded (this is NOT true for other rooms).

The problem is important because it is easy to leave the recorder running
and people not to know. It's probably also valuable to have such
sessions in rooms which are either specifically designated for such (e.g.
'The recording room', ) or where there is clear statement of policy.

(The policy statement can be attached to the room description. It is
shown when entering and also on the 'look' command.)

P.

Peter Murray-Rust, Glaxo Research & Dev. (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk); (BioMOO: PeterMR)
Birkbeck College, ubcg09q@cryst.bbk.ac.uk, CBMT/Daresbury mbglx@seqnet.dl.ac.uk
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/index.html, http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/HOME.html