Re: MUD clients

Iddo Friedberg (idoerg@cc.huji.ac.il)
Sun, 14 Jan 1996 11:06:26 +0200 (IST)

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, luis wrote:

> Hello, everybody!
> Can't wait to get the course starting. The thing I'm really looking forward is meeting you all at
> BioMOO. I have been there and visited our classroom, using a simple telnet program. I would like
> to get a good MUD-client for windows. Does anybody have any advice to give on that ? Which do you
> reckon is the best?
> Luis

Regarding MUD/MOO clients:

A list of Winsock-based MUD clients for Windows + downloads is available
at http://www.microserve.com/~server/mudclients.html
Personally, I've found that MudWin is sufficient for BioMOO uses. Easy to
install, and gives good seperation between "me" and "them" (unlike
telnet!) Hmmm... an introductory page on MOOing perhaps, for PPS
students? I'll get on it.

Iddo

Iddo Friedberg ("\''/").___..--''"`-._
Phone: (972)-2-6585459/3 `9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
email: idoerg@shum.cc.huji.ac.il (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
web: http://www.ls.huji.ac.il/~idoerg _..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' .'
Lion design: Felix Lee
"Graduate life -- it's not just a job, it's an indenture."