Re: The meaning of PCA

peter Murray-rust (p.murray-rust@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 18:03:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996 t.walsh@qut.edu.au wrote:

[... discussion about pyroglutamate ...]

> Can we add this information to the glossary?

I think this would be extremely useful. Note that in this case there
should be descriptions at Brookhaven and so it shouldn't be necessary to
add huge amounts of infomration - just enough to avoid having to have
this discussion in future years.

> Pass. Too mobile to be defined seems unlikely in view of the relatively
> rigid structure.

N-termini are often very badly defined. But also it may be that they
had difficulty modelling it (it may show more than one conformation) or
even ... that their software wasn't very good ion non-standard groups
:-(

P.

Peter Murray-Rust, Glaxo Research & Dev. (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk); (BioMOO: PeterMR)
Birkbeck College, ubcg09q@cryst.bbk.ac.uk, CBMT/Daresbury mbglx@seqnet.dl.ac.uk