PDB3D Applet (fwd)

Dr Alan Mills (alan@venus.co.uk)
Thu, 9 May 1996 19:08:41 +0100 (BST)

Hi PPS ppl,

This is a very impressive use of Java for viewing protein/chemical
structure in a web page. Use a java-enabled browser (eg Netscape 2.0) to
view it. I think this is preferable (as far as PPS is concerned) to the
MDL Chime plug-in since it doesn't conflict with MIME-invoked RasMol.

Regards,

Alan Mills at Venus Internet Ltd, 24 Denmark Street, London WC2H 8NJ, UK
email:alan@venus.co.uk web:http://www.venus.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)171 240 5858 Fax: +44 (0)171 240 5859
Providing Web and Internet services and solutions
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 08:51:06 -0400
From: Clifford Felder <cffelder@weizmann.weizmann.ac.il>
To: Multiple recipients of list <pdb-l@pdb.pdb.bnl.gov>
Subject: PDB3D Applet

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 8 May 1996 12:59:06 -0700
From: Scott Le Grand <legrand@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu>
To: molmodel@net.bio.net

Hi guys, I have a Java applet that allows one to view PDB files...
it's sitting at http://www.mbi.ucla.edu/people/legrand/pdb.html. I
designed it specifically to allow people to incorporate PDB
structures into web pages. It allows one to rotate and scale
reasonably large molecules in real-time, much faster than anything
else I've seen so far. I'm looking for feedback on what else it
needs...

Of course, you need a Java-capable browser to see the thing...

Scott Le Grand