re: ASSINGMENT

Jacky Turner (j.turner@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 11:14:24 +0100 (BST)

Dear Steve, I do agree with you that the annoying thing about most
multiple-choice questions is that, unless they are *very* simple, an
in-depth reading can often find other possibilities besides the
"correct" answer. However, nearly all courses use them because they
are easily and 'objectively' marked, unlike essay questions, for instance.

I imagine that you are not the only person who has queries and we will of
course give consideration to the points you or others raise, when the
assignments are marked.

Meanwhile, we intend to give an opportunity for further discussion of the
many points raised in the 'discussion points' of the assignment, by
having at least one BioMOO meeting on the subject with Raj Gill.

You are not a pain. Sorry also that you had to wait for the beginning of
term for an answer - we were all off on other missions during the
vacation.

Best wishes, Jacky.