Re: help

peter Murray-rust (p.murray-rust@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 13:47:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, CHOISET-Yvan wrote:

> UBCG25A@CCS.BBK.AC.UK wrote:
> >
> > hi yvan!
> > good to hear from you.
> > we know a number of peeple have trouble with regards connections and times
> > for the MOO so that is why it is not required, but we still like to hear
> > from you via email.
> > you said you are finsihed with assignment 1 - what exactly do you mean by
> > that - the self-assesment test or the analysis of the protein you were given?
> > let me know so i can tell you how to proceed from here.
> > have a good 2 week break
> > cheers
> > bonnie
>

> Hello
> Here what I mean
>
> Start by inspecting/retrieving the relevant file(s) from
> Brookhaven/PDB for me 4pti(proteinase inhibitor trypsin)P00974
>
> 1.Do there appear to be other codes in PDB which are closely related?
> (Often there are entries of the form 1ABC, 3ABC, etc.)
>
> 2.Are there other proteins in PDB of the same name/functionality, but
> from different species? Or mutants? Are there any with the same
> protein composition by different non-protein constituents?

If you go to Brookhaven home page and use their search engine, it offers
you the opportunity of searching for general expressions (regular
expressions). So '.pti' means <anycharacter>pti. Using this I cam up
with 4pti to 9pti.. Some of these are mutants, some are chemically
different.

Try searching for 'trypsin inhibitor' and see what you get. That may
answer the second quaestion.

[... material deleted ...]
^^^^^
Please don't post large amounts of standard material to the lists :-)

P.

Peter Murray-Rust, Glaxo Research & Dev. (pmr1716@ggr.co.uk); (BioMOO: PeterMR)
Birkbeck College, ubcg09q@cryst.bbk.ac.uk, CBMT/Daresbury mbglx@seqnet.dl.ac.uk
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/index.html, http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/HOME.html