Re: BioMOO meetings for PPS Term 2

Jacky Turner (j.turner@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:44:26 +0100 (BST)

Dear Henry,

Great, the situation so far is:

1) H influenzae sequence:- Yes, please, can you suggest some dates and time
that would be OK for you?

2) RasMol:- Also, yes, please. I believe John W is going to ask
Roger Sayle if he'd be willing to join this meeting too and will keep you
informed.
Could you suggest possible dates for this one as well?

3) NMR:- Ion Baianu is going to lead this meeting - date not decided
yet but I'll keep you informed.

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Henry Brzeski wrote:

> Jacky
>
> I am prepared to help with the following
> >(i) RasMol - Participate (or lead if no other volunteers)
> >(iv) Structure determination by NMR - Participate (to learn !!!)
> >(v) Sequence data Lead if this is H influenzae

> Henry Brzeski

It is always going to be difficult to get a time of day/night that suits
everyone. We usually have meetings mid-pm UK time, since too early in the
pm cuts out the US West Coast people, but too late in the pm is difficult
for Europeans who connect from work and may have gone home by then. The
Pacific is very difficult anyway and even worse now with daylight saving
time here.

Thanks, Jacky