Re: Kinemage and Unix

John Walshaw (ubcg08r@iona.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:40:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Peter Slickers wrote:

> Currently there are Unix versions of kinemage. I am running
> Mage on a SGI indy under IRIX 5.3 . And also starting
> this Mage from Netscape works fine. I have compiled my Mage
> from the sources which are available from since the
> compiled version ( from
> http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS2/technology/kinemage.html) is very
> old and do not run under IRIX 5.3 .

The complied version pointed to from above URL is MAGE 4.2, dated
18-6-95, which *does* run under IRIX 5.3

> I have compiled Mage from the sources which are available from
> (http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/kin/mage.tar), since the compiled
> version (from http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~ubcgs7l/pps/SGImage_binary.gz or
> from some other sites) are very old and do not run under IRIX 5.3 .

The URL above is the link made from the Technology Page that Robin
Stephenson put together for last year's PPS course. I decided to retain a
link to it as it contains a number of useful links, although its possible
that some of them are now getting a bit dated. Apologies if this has
caused any confusion.

Regards,

JohnW