Re: Kinemage and Unix

Peter Slickers (slickers@imb-jena.de)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:31:04 +0100 (MET)

Phil Cunningham wrote:

> Am I correct in thinking there is currently (Feb96) NO kinemage for unix boxes?

Currently there are Unix versions of kinemage. I am running
Mage on a SGI indy under IRIX 5.3 . And also starting
this Mage from Netscape works fine. I have compiled my Mage
from the sources which are available from since the
compiled version ( from
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS2/technology/kinemage.html) is very
old and do not run under IRIX 5.3 .

On Protein science http://www.prosci.uci.edu/ProSciDocs/MageInstall.html
there is another statement about Mage and UNIX:
The UNIX version of MAGE is under construction.
At this time, X Windows browsers cannot access a MAGE viewer.

This statement is _wrong_.

Currently there are Unix versions of kinemage. I am running
Mage on a SGI indy under IRIX 5.3 . Also starting
this Mage from Netscape works fine.

I have compiled Mage from the sources which are available from
(http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/kin/mage.tar), since the compiled
version (from http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/~ubcgs7l/pps/SGImage_binary.gz or
from some other sites) are very old and do not run under IRIX 5.3 .

Peter

---
Peter Slickers                                  slickers@imb-jena.de
Institut fuer Molekulare Biotechnologie
Beutenbergstrasse 11, Jena                      Tel.: +49-3641-65-6202
Postfach 10 08 13, D-07708 Jena, Germany        Fax:  +49-3641-65-6210