Principles of Protein Structure
- Students who pass both the examination and the project will receive the Advanced
Certificate in Principles of Protein Structure Using the Internet.
- Students who choose to take either the exam or the project, but not both, will receive a Certificate of
- Students who choose to defer either the exam, the project, or both to the following year's
presentation will be allowed to do so. They will not receive a Certificate of Participation after
their first year:
- They will be awarded the Advanced Certificate when they pass the parts they have deferred.
- Students who pass one component but decide not to complete the work for the Advanced
Cerficiate will be eligible to receive the Certificate of Participation once they have withdrawn
from the course.
- Students who fail either or both parts of the assessment will be eligible to re-take in the
- Students who do not take up the offer of a re-take will receive the Certificate of
- No student will be expected to take either part of the assessment. Many of our students (e.g.
professional scientists using the course for career development) neither need, nor expect to take,
a further qualification at M.Sc. level.