Guidelines on and Acceptable use of the School's Printer Facilities
Acceptable use of the School's Printer Facilities
The printers are provided to support the Schools teaching, research and administration.
While a small amount of personal use is acceptable this should not be abused.
Activities, which are unacceptable, include:
- Producing a large number of copies of a document, which could easily be photocopied.
- Printing large and inappropriate documents on the colour printers
- Use of the printing facilities for commercial gain.
- Printing of documents or reports for non Crystallography users.
- Printing a project for a student from a different institution.
Guidelines on use and Consideration for other users.
- Think before you print
do you need to print all this or can you edit the file and only print the
part needed ( or head , tail or grep)
- Please don't print *.ps but use serveral print commands then we can put
other urgent print jobs before some of yours
- Please don't fill the print queues with large number of jobs and then diappear.
- A large number of print jobs can full up the spool area on the printer server
and stop all printing.
- If your print job does not come out of the printer immediately please Check
- Is the print job still on the queue
- Did you send it to the right printer
- Did you send it to a different printer than the one you checked
- Does the printer have any paper in it
- Is there a problem with the printer
- Not switched on
- Paper jam
- Out of toner or ink
- DON'T! print it ten more times hoping that shear force of numbers will make the
system to print your file.
- The colour printers are slower than the black & white laser printers and
cost more to run.
- Please only use the colour printer when you really need colour output.
- Don't print a web page on the colour printer, unless the colour conveys
important information which would be lost in black & white.
- A nice colour logo or a few highlighted words are not a good reason to use
the colour printer.
- please check there is paper in the printer
Paper is kept with the photocopyer in B086
- Please keep the areas around the printer tidy
$Revision: 1.5 $ $Date: 2001/09/19 19:51:07 $