Policy for Connecting to Departmental Network
The following conditions must be satisfied before any system can be
connected to the department network.
- The equipment will be used for an appropriate purpose.
- The equipment will not cause interference to other users of the network.
For example. A badly configured or faulty network interface could cause
severe problems for other users.
- The required resources are available.
These resources include but are not limited to.
- Network addresses
- Network capacity
- Network cabling to the system
- The funds for any extra expenditure required.
We reserve the right to disconect any system from the department network
if these conditions cease to be met.
$Revision: 1.4 $ $Date: 2000/09/08 17:45:17 $