It is possible to configure the School’s
email systems to
automatically forward any email you receive to an different address.
This can be done via the School’s webmail
- Login to the webmail service
using the account you want to ser up forwarding for.
- From the left hand menu box
select and expand Mail ( click on the + before
- Select Forwards ( Click on it)
- Complete and submit the form
- Select “Set/install a forward
- Enter the address to forward
email to in the box
- If you opt
to “Keep a copy in your local mailbox” please check your email on the
School’s system and remove any old or unwanted messages.
forwarding takes precedence over spam filtering. Therefore all your
email will be forwarded including the SPAM.
- After setting forwarding, please do the following:
- Check for new messages which arrived before the
was in place
- Remove any messages or folders which are no longer
forwarding at your own risk
- Neither the
College nor the School can accept any responsibility or liability for
the loss or delay of forwarded email.
- Some Email
Service Provides may treat forwarded email as spam, as the original
recipient address differs from the final delivery address. There is
usually a configuration option to get round this.
- Some Email
Service Providers are reported to occasionally silently discard email,
with not warning given either to the sender or recipient.
providers appear to include Yahoo and BT Internet.
Forwarding email from the Birkbeck College ITS systems
on forwarding email from the Birkbeck
College ITS email system see their email service page:
$Revision: 1.3 $ $Date: 2006/11/24 15:42:19 $